- Volunteer at a shelter, which could be a public school in your area. Visit www.nyc.gov for more.
- Donate blood to the Red Cross as blood supplies are low due to canceled blood drives. Monetary contributions can be made at www.redcross.org, call 800-Red-Cross or text the word "Redcross" to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- The Salvation Army has dozens of mobile feeding units and shelters along the East Coast that are working to serve thousands in the most heavily hit areas. Visit www.salvationarmyusa.org to donate.
- Donate or volunteer at the Food Bank. www.foodbanknyc.org
- New York Sports Club is kindly opening its doors until November 14th to anyone (with photo ID) in need of showers, charging stations and workouts! www.mysportsclubs.com to find a location.
We are also collecting the following:
- Bottled water - their water may have been compromised and are in dire need!
- Food (non perishable) cookies and such are also welcome!
- Blankets, socks, gloves, hats, scarves to keep warm
- Batteries, flashlights, candles, power strips
- Baby diapers/wipes/formula
- Pet food
- Tooth brushes/tooth paste/toilet paper/towels & other toiletries
- Paper plates/cups/spoons etc.
- First aid kits
- Mask/gloves for cleaning & cleaning supplies
You may also donate $5 to our fund on PayPal to help pay for these supplies
Will distribute to areas severely affected by Sandy, please email us for a pick up or drop off at: LMD@LaMaisonDeux.com
We were able to capture images as the storm was approaching and the aftermath of some areas where we were able to reach. Keep in mind other areas were severely damaged and need our help.